A medical detox program for persons suffering from substance use disorders, seeking a pathway to recovery.
A PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS IN CENTRAL OREGON
- Oregon has the fourth highest addiction rate in the country.
- Oregon ranks 50th in access to treatment.
- Addiction costs the state $5.9 billion annually
- 5 people die each day from alcohol and 1-2 from drug overdoses in Oregon. That is 2100 people who die of addiction yearly in Oregon.
- Bend is the 4th largest city in the state and the only city of its size west of the Rockies without a medical detox facility.
CASCADE DETOX OFFERING HOPE AND HEALTH
- We aim to work with medical and behavioral health professionals and community partners to respond to the immediate medical needs of individuals in the first 5-10 days of withdrawal in a medically safe environment.
- Relieve pressure from the already burdened emergency services of the hospitals, jails and first responders thereby saving lives and resources.
- The facility will enable patients to stay in Bend and Central Oregon for detox and long term care.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
We need to partner with government aid, grants and the private sector to keep pace with the growing needs of the population in the area of addiction and treatment. Central Oregon is one of the fastest growing regions in the country. The Center On Addiction has determined 40 million people (1 in 7) people in the US have a substance abuse problem. That equals 14,000 in Bend and 35,000 in all of Central Oregon. As one of the fastest growing regions in the nation, these statistics in Oregon will only increase.